NPD Gives Go-Ahead for StatoilHydro to Drill New Wildcat in PL 159 D
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted StatoilHydro Petroleum AS a drilling permit for wellbore 6507/3-7, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 6507/3-7 will be drilled from the Ocean Vanguard semisub at position 65 degrees 49'24.24" N and 07 degrees 43' 08.15" E.
The drilling program for wellbore 6507/3-7 relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 159 D. StatoilHydro Petroleum AS is the operator with a 60% ownership interest and E.ON Ruhrgas Norge AS is the other licensee with 40%.
Well 6507/3-7 is located about 13 km north of the Skarv field and about 25 km south-west of the Norne field. The production license consists of a portion of Block 6507/3. On February 13, 2008, production license 159 D was carved out of production license 159, which was awarded in licensing round 12 B in 1989.
Wildcat well 6507/3-7 is the first well in production license 159 D.
The drilling permit is conditional upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Diamond Offshore Sees Recovery when Oil "Well Over $60" (Feb 06)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)