WorleyParsons Scores FEED Contract for Liwan 3-1 Devt
WorleyParsons has secured a contract award from Husky Oil China Ltd. for the Liwan 3-1 Area Development FEED scope of work. The work will commence immediately and will be complete in 2010. The Liwan 3-1 gas discovery in the South China Sea is situated in approximately 1500 meters of water. It is in the region south of Hong Kong and is the first deepwater discovery and development offshore China.
WorleyParsons' scope of work includes front end engineering design, estimating and planning for project execution.
Commenting on this award, the Chief Executive Officer of WorleyParsons, Mr. John Grill, said, "We are delighted that Husky has selected WorleyParsons for this benchmark deepwater project offshore China. The breadth of Liwan's scope from deepwater subsea through bottom founded platforms, long distance pipelines, and onshore gas plants uniquely showcases our seamless capability to serve our clients from deepwater wellhead to market."
The project will be executed in Kuala Lumpur with contributions from company offices in Perth and Beijing.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Husky Enters into a PSC with CNOOC for Block 15/33 in South China Sea (Dec 04)
- Husky Scraps Seadrill Drilling Contract (Sep 22)
- Seadrill Cancels HHI's West Mira Construction Contract Over Delivery Delay (Sep 16)
Company: WorleyParsons more info
- TCO Awards EPCM Support Services Deal for Tengiz Expansion Project to KPJV (Jul 12)
- WorleyParsons Bags EPCM Contract for BP-Operated Assets in Caspian Region (Apr 14)
- WorleyParsons Lands Deal for Ophir's Fortuna Project in Equatorial Guinea (Apr 13)