Wintershall Secures Drilling Permit for New Wildcat in PL 378
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Wintershall Norge ASA a drilling permit for wellbore 35/12-2, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 35/12-2 will be drilled from the Songa Delta semisub at position 61 degrees 09' 59.656' North and 03 degrees 40' 13.340" East, after conclusion of well 30/8-A-21 AH for StatoilHydro Petroleum AS in production license 190.
The drilling program for wellbore 35/12-2 applies to drilling of a wildcat well in production license 378. Wintershall Norge ASA is the operator with a 40% ownership interest. Other licensees are Premier Oil Norge AS, Norwegian Energy Company ASA and Spring Energy Norway AS each with a 20% interest. The area in this production licence consists of parts of block 35/12, as well as the western section of 36/10. The license was awarded in APA 2005. This is the first well to be drilled in this license.
The drilling permit is granted on the condition that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
Manages 20 Offshore Rigs
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
- Norway Awards 56 Oil And Gas Licences In Mature Areas (Jan 17)