StatoilHydro Confirms Fulla Discovery with Successful Appraisal
StatoilHydro has confirmed the Fulla discovery announced in February 2009 with a successful sidetrack appraisal well. Situated in 364 feet (111 meters) of water on Production License 362/035B, the second Fulla well, 30/11-7A, is located 6 miles (10 kilometers) northeast of the Frigg field in the central Norwegian North Sea.
Drilled by the Transocean Leader semisub, the sidetrack well reached a vertical depth of 13,510 feet (4,118 meters) into the Etive formation of the Brent group. Encountering gas in reservoir rocks belonging to the Brent group, Tarbert formation, the well was not tested, but extensive data collection and sampling were performed.
Drilled by the West Alpha semisub, the original Fulla discovery was estimated by the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate as holding 6 to 18 MMboe of gas and condensate. Encountering hydrocarbons in the lower Brent group, the discovery well, 30/11-7, was drilled to a vertical depth of 13,343 feet (4,067 meters) in 364 feet (111 meters) of water.
With proven reserves for the two wells now estimated between 60 and 105 MMboe, the Fulla gas and condensate field will likely be deemed commercial. With anticipation of bringing the field on-stream quickly, development options include tying the Fulla field back to existing infrastructure.
StatoilHydro serves as the operator of the production license with 50% interest; partners include Svenska Petroleum with 25%, Det norske oljeselskap with 15% and Dana Petroleum with the remaining 10% interest.
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
- Denmark Issues 16 Oil, Gas Licenses (Apr 06)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Svenska Petroleum more info
- Det Norske Buys Svenska Petroleum's Norwegian Business for $75M (Oct 14)
- Det Norske Drills Two Dry Wells (Sep 09)
- Statoil Finds Oil, Gas at Askja (Jan 02)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)