Petrobras Notes Extension Request to ANP for Pre-Salt Blocks
Petrobras, with regard to news published by the press concerning a decision taken by the Brazilian Petroleum Agency (ANP) that allegedly rejected an exploration term extension request made by Petrobras, clarifies that the company has not received any official information on such ANP decision yet. The Agency Board Resolution is still being drafted and will only be homologated in the upcoming meeting, which is scheduled to take place next week.
The ANP Exploration Superintendence had already approved the Appraisal Plans (PA) Petrobras proposed for blocks BM-S-8, BM-S-9, BM-S-10, BM-S-11, and BM-S-21. The company's Strategic Plan took in consideration this above-mentioned decision only.
Also, the company's Strategic Plan considered the completion of all commitments Petrobras took on with the ANP within terms already defined.
Finally, we clarify that considering the approvals that have already granted and the facts known thus far, Petrobras believes there is no risk of having to return the concession areas, that it will fulfill the obligations it took on, and that there will be no impact on its Strategic Plan.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
- CEO: Brazil's Petrobras Could Bid On More Blocks In Pre-Salt Auction (Oct 24)
Company: ANP more info
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Brazil's Prized Santos Basin Receives Single Bid In Oil Auction (Sep 27)
- Brazil Pre-Salt Oil Output Surpasses All Other Fields In June (Jul 31)