Fairfield Energy Joins Forces with RWE Dea UK at Clipper South
Fairfield Energy, as Operator of the Clipper South Discovery Area in part Blocks 48/19c, 48/19a and 48/20a, has announced the signature of a Farm-In Agreement with RWE Dea UK.
The Clipper South gas field was discovered in 1983 and appraised in 1992. Since acquiring the asset from Shell and Exxon Mobil in early 2008, Fairfield has executed a detailed technical and commercial evaluation of the field and is in the final stages of preparing a Field Development Plan for submission to DECC.
Fairfield has identified the optimum development scenario for Clipper South to be the use of horizontal multi-frac wells into the Permian Rotliegend reservoir. Multi-frac technology will improve greatly the ultimate recovery of gas from the field. This approach is now commonplace in North America and is being increasingly employed in the Southern North Sea.
Under the terms of the agreement RWE Dea UK will acquire a 50% share in Clipper South in return for carrying Fairfield through certain development costs. On completion the operatorship of Clipper South will transition to RWE Dea UK and the development will be executed by a joint project team.
Fairfield's Chief Executive Mark McAllister said, "The signature of this agreement with RWE Dea UK marks an important milestone in Fairfield's advancement. We are very pleased to have attracted RWE Dea UK to join us in the Clipper South project, particularly given their existing track record as an Operator in the Southern Gas Basin and their deep familiarity with multi-frac technology. The creative commercial approach employed by both parties to conclude this transaction will ensure the timely development of the significant Clipper South gas reserves and provide a welcome boost to the UK's indigenous gas supply."
Operates 14 Offshore Rigs
- Guyana-Suriname Basin Emerges as a Hotbed of Oil, Gas Exploration (Nov 17)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
- Japan's JX, GDF Suez Find New Oil in UK North Sea (Mar 13)
Company: Fairfield Energy Limited more info
- Exceed Secures Fairfield Well Engineering Services Contract (Mar 07)
- CAN Group Wins North Sea Deal with Fairfield Energy (Nov 03)
- DECC Reports Another Osprey Leak (Jul 27)