AWE Drills Ahead at Hovea-13 to Measured Depth of 1,886 Meters
Australian Worldwide Exploration ("AWE") on behalf of the Hovea joint venture, reported that the Hovea-13 well had drilled ahead to a measured depth of 1,886 meters. Progress for the week was 542 meters.
Delays were encountered waiting on essential rig equipment and well repairs.
Hovea-13 is an oil development well on the Hovea oilfield, which is located in L1, approximately 16 kilometers east south east of Dongara. Hovea-13 will target the Dongara Sandstone in a seismically mapped near crestal location within the central portion of the Hovea oil field. Hovea-13 has a planned total measured depth of approximately 2,200 meters.
This well is the first of a planned 4-well drilling campaign to be undertaken by AWE and Joint Venturers in the region.
Joint Venturers in the Hovea oil field are:
- AWE (Operator) 50%
- Origin Energy Resources Limited 50%
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)