StatoilHydro Restarts LNG from Snohvit in Barents Sea
After a planned shut-down at the Barents Sea gas development Snohvit, StatoilHydro has restarted production from the LNG plant, reports Reuters. StatoilHydro shut in production at the Snohvit LNG plant in April 2009 for planned maintenance.
"We started Snohvit yesterday morning," StatoilHydro spokesman Geir Gjervan told reporters on Friday. "The turn-around went as planned as did the start-up."
Snohvit is the first development in the arctic waters of the Barents Sea. Located in the Hammerfest Basin offshore Northern Norway, Snohvit is a completely subsea gas development with a pipeline to the onshore LNG plant at Melkoya. Norwegian major StatoilHydro serves as the operator of the development with 33.53% interest. Project partners include Norwegian Petoro, French Total and Gaz de France, American Hess, and German RWE.
Another production shut-down is scheduled later this summer to replace four seawater heat exchangers. Snohvit is currently producing at a 90 to 100% capacity.
In an effort to increase safety and efficiency, StatoilHydro shut in production from 21 of its Norwegian assets, with Snohvit among them. Starting in April 2009, the program also included the Hammerfest LNG plant. In 2008, the company halted production from 26 facilities for maintenance work.
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess: World Needs New Offshore Oil Investments to Avoid Shortages (Sep 28)
- Hess Slashes 2017 Capital Budget After Quarterly Loss (Jul 26)
- Suriname Signs Offshore Oil Deals with ﻿Exxon, Hess and Statoil (Jul 14)
Company: Gaz de France more info
- Grenland Group Delivers Gjoa Subsea Structures (Sep 01)
- Plexus to Supply Wellhead Systems for Mediterranean E&P Activities (Jul 20)
- ELNG Completes First Ever Health & Safety Partnership Program with GE O&G (Jul 15)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
- Japan's JX, GDF Suez Find New Oil in UK North Sea (Mar 13)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)