Total Unlocks More Oil at Moho-Bilondo License Offshore Congo
Total announces today positive results for the Moho Nord Marine-4 (MHNM-4) well, approximately 75 kilometers offshore of the Republic of Congo, in a water depth of 1,078 meters in the northern part of the Moho-Bilondo license. The discovery follows on from the Moho Nord Marine-1 and 2 finds in 2007 and the positive delineation well of Moho Nord Marine-3 (MHNM-3) in 2008.
These discoveries reinforce Total's confidence in the emergence of a development pole in the northern part of the Moho-Bilondo license.
The Phase 1 development of the southern part of Moho-Bilondo, where production began in April 2008, is currently continuing with drilling of further wells that will permit the plateau of 90,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day to be reached in 2010. The development is comprised of fourteen subsea wells tied back to a Floating Production Unit (FPU) with output exported to the onshore Djéno terminal.
Total E&P Congo holds a 53.5% interest in the license, alongside Chevron Overseas Congo Ltd. (31.5%) and Société Nationale des Pétroles du Congo (15%).
Moho Nord Marine-4
Moho Nord Marine-4 was drilled to a total depth of 4,239 meters, in the Albian series, 4.4 kilometers northwest of the Tertiary structure drilled by MHNM-3. The well proved a 163 meters column of high quality oil in the Albian F structure and flowed at 8,100 barrels per day through a 52/64" choke.
This discovery confirms the existence of significant Albian resources in the northern part of the Moho-Bilondo license, in addition to the already recognized Tertiary and Albian A and B resources. Preliminary development studies with a view to develop the Moho Nord resources have been launched.
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
Company: Societe Nationale des Petroles du Congo (SNPC) more info
- Congo Republic State Oil Firm Seeks To Revive Oilfields (Apr 11)
- Eni Teams up with SNPC to Explore Cuvette Basin (Sep 19)
- Murphy Strikes Black Gold at Turquoise Marine-1 Offshore Congo (Jul 17)