Fairfield Clinches Acreage Near Dunlin Including Skye, Block 6
Fairfield Energy, through its subsidiary Fairfield Betula Limited, has completed the acquisition of acreage adjacent to the Dunlin Field from Shell U.K. Limited, Esso Exploration and Production UK Limited and Statoil (UK) Limited.
The acreage includes the undeveloped discoveries Skye and Block 6 and has been acquired jointly by Fairfield (70%) and its partner in the Dunlin Area, Mitsubishi Corporation’s subsidiary MCX Dunlin (UK) Limited (30%).
Fairfield's Chief Executive Officer, Mark McAllister, commented, "This acquisition, together with the 25th Licensing Round award of acreage immediately to the east of Dunlin, consolidates our position in the Dunlin Area. We see potential in the undeveloped discoveries which can be readily tied back to our operated Dunlin platform. In addition, there is significant prospectivity in the acreage which can be tapped by wells drilled directly from the platform."
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Fairfield Energy Limited more info
- Exceed Secures Fairfield Well Engineering Services Contract (Mar 07)
- CAN Group Wins North Sea Deal with Fairfield Energy (Nov 03)
- DECC Reports Another Osprey Leak (Jul 27)