First Oil Flows from West Don Field in UK North Sea
Petrofac has announced the commencement of production from the West Don field in the UK North Sea. Petrofac Energy Developments is Operator of the field with Valiant Petroleum, Nippon Oil Exploration and Production (UK) Ltd, Stratic Energy and First Oil as its development partners.
Production from the field commenced on April 28, less than one year from receiving field development program (FDP) approval. Peak production from West Don is expected to be in the region of 25,000 barrels of oil per day (bopd).
Petrofac is also Operator of nearby Don Southwest and holds a 60% interest in the field. Commencement of production from Don Southwest is expected towards the end of the second quarter of 2009. Peak production from both fields is expected to reach in excess of 40,000 bopd.
Amjad Bseisu, chief executive, Petrofac Energy Developments commented, "The commencement of production from West Don is an excellent achievement for Petrofac and its co-venturers. The Don development is a great example of Petrofac's integrated approach; co-investing alongside our partners and drawing on the market-leading expertise of Petrofac's service capability to develop the asset effectively and efficiently. This cost-effective, fast-track development has not been without its challenges and my thanks go to all who have made this achievement possible. We look forward to future phases of development of the Don Area in collaboration with our partners."
- Cairn, EnQuest Acquire First Oil's Kraken Stake (Feb 22)
- Scotney Well Comes Up Dry (Apr 12)
- Hansa Hydrocarbons, Partners Sanction Juliet Development (Jul 03)
Company: Nippon Oil Exploration more info
- Canadian Oil Sands Halts Syncrude Production After Fire, Prices Spike (Aug 31)
- Tap Updates Zola-1 Drilling in Carnarvon Basin (Dec 22)
- Iraq-Nippon Talks on Nassiriya Oil Field Deadlocked (Mar 01)
Company: Stratic Energy more info
- EnQuest Commences Drilling at West Don Field (Aug 09)
- EnQuest Increases Reserves in North Sea with Stratic Acquisition (Aug 03)
- Stratic Highlights 1Q10 Financial, Operational Results (May 28)
Company: Petrofac more info
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
- Petrofac JV Awarded $2B Refinery Contract In Oman (Aug 04)
- Petrofac Makes 29% Headcount Reduction, Revenue Hits $7.8B (Feb 22)
Company: Valiant Petroleum more info
- Valiant Farms out Handcross Prospect (Mar 28)
- Valiant Farms out Isabella Prospect to Maersk (Mar 08)
- Ithaca Makes Takeover Offer for Valiant Petroleum (Mar 01)