Venezuela Resets Timetable for Orinoco Oil License Round
CARACAS (Dow Jones Newswires), Apr. 29, 2009
Venezuela's oil minister met with foreign oil companies Tuesday to brief them on the country's decision to adjust the timetable for the opening of the oil-rich Orinoco region once again to foreign investment.
Oil Minister Rafael Ramirez met with representatives from 19 oil companies interested in bidding for several Carabobo blocks located along the Orinoco river belt, the richest piece of oil real estate in the country, state oil company Petroleos de Venezuela SA, PdVSA, said in a statement. Ramirez informed the companies they will soon receive a revised set of selection guidelines and a mock contract to be used to draw up the eventual joint ventures with the state.
Interested companies will now present their bids on July 28 and the government will announce the selected partners on August 14, the release said.
The companies present at the meeting included Brazil's Petrobras Parcipaciones Ltd., a unit of Petroleo Brasileiro SA (PBR), and the local units of Royal Dutch Shell (RDSA.LN), StatoilHydro (STO), Total Oil (TOT), BP Plc (BP) and Chevron Corp. (CVX).
Copyright (c) 2009 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Increasing the World's Oil Reserves with Digitization (Oct 09)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
Company: PDVSA more info
Operates 15 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela Confirms Discussing Citgo Collateral Swap With Rosneft (Oct 04)
- Venezuelans Face Growing Queues To Buy Gasoline (Sep 21)
- Venezuela's Crude Supply To The United States Was Flat In August (Sep 13)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)