Roc Oil Farms-Out Interest in Cabinda Onshore South Block in Angola
Roc Oil (Cabinda) Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of ROC, has executed a farm-out agreement with Pluspetrol Angola Corporation ("Pluspetrol"), a wholly owned subsidiary of Pluspetrol Resources Corporation, for the farm-out of a 45% interest (56.25% paying interest) in the Cabinda Onshore South Block, Angola. Pluspetrol will also become operator of the block.
ROC will retain a 15% interest (18.75% paying interest) in the block through its wholly owned subsidiary, Lacula Oil Company Limited, which will be free-carried through the full 2009 work program and budget, planned to include the testing of the Coco discovery.
ROC will also be reimbursed for its share of the joint venture's working capital effective December 31, 2008, including its share of drilling inventory to be used during the 2009 drilling program.
Completion of the agreement is subject to government and joint venture approvals.
Commenting on the agreement, ROC's Chief Executive Officer, Bruce Clement, stated, "ROC is pleased to announce the introduction of a new partner, Pluspetrol, into the Cabinda Onshore South Block joint venture. Pluspetrol will bring new ideas and investment to the joint venture.
"The farm-out also achieves an important part of ROC's business strategy, which is to reduce risk in the company's asset portfolio and to minimize 2009 exploration expenditure. While reducing ROC's equity in the block to 15%, the company will continue to be exposed to the potential upside at no cost in 2009. In the meantime, ROC will be able to focus its capital resources on development projects in China and Australia."
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Pluspetrol more info
- Government: Bids on Peru's Biggest Oil Block to Start in April (Mar 06)
- Pluspetrol Interested in Bidding on Peru's Biggest Oil Block (Feb 11)
- Argentina's Pluspetrol to Buy Apco Oil and Gas for $427 Million (Oct 03)