StatoilHydro to Conduct Exploration Drilling with West Alpha
StatoilHydro has received consent to conduct exploration drilling with the West Alpha semisub in the Norwegian Sea.
The consent applies to exploration drilling of well 6407/8-5 S and A (sidetrack). The well is part of production license 348 and has the following geographical coordinates:
N 60 degrees 20' 56.593", E 07 degrees 33' 44.188".
The water depth at the site is 252 meters. The closest distance to shore (Froya) is 88 kilometers.
According to the application for consent, scheduled start-up for the activity is in May 2009. The activity has an estimated duration of 38 days.
West Alpha is an Ultra Yatzy drilling facility, built in 1986. The facility has been modified several times and is registered in Panama with Det Norske Veritas as the classification society.
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
- Seadrill Warns Again Of Chapter 11 As Extends $14B Debt Talks (Jul 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)