NPD Grants StatoilHydro Drilling Permit for Wellbore 35/2-2
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted StatoilHydro Petroleum AS a drilling permit for wellbore 35/2-2, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 35/2-2 will be drilled from the Transocean Winner semisubmersible drilling rig at position 61 degrees 52' 36.2" North and 03 degrees 24' 51.0" East, after the facility completes drilling of wildcat well 15/6-10 A for StatoilHydro Petroleum AS in production license 309.
The drilling program for wellbore 35/2-2 concerns the drilling of an appraisal well in production license 318. StatoilHydro Petroleum AS is the operator with a 60% interest, while the other licensees are Idemitsu Petroleum Norge AS and Petoro AS, each with a 20% share. The area of this license consists of the entire block 35/2. The license was awarded in 2004 in the 18th licensing round. This is the second well to be drilled in this license.
The drilling permit has been granted on the condition that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)