Thang Long to Develop 2 Fields Offshore Vietnam
The Thang Long Joint Operation Corporation (JOC) signed contracts with a number of partners to develop the Hai Su Trang (White Sealion) field and the Hai Su Den (Black Sealion) field in block 15-2/01 of the Cuu Long basin in Vietnamese waters, in Hanoi on April 22.
The partners include the Maritime Mechanical Service Company, the PetroVietnam Insurance Joint Stock Corporation, Worley Parson-PetroVietnam JSC and PV Drilling.
"Oil discovered in the Hai Su Trang-1X and Hai Su Den-1X fields, 18 months after the company was formed, made Thang Long JOC one of the most successful companies ever to find oil in such a short period of time, said the company's representative," Paul Atkinson.
"JOC will waste no time putting the fields into production, which will help to maintain the country's oil output after 2011, as well as ensuring energy security," he added.
Thang Long JOC also reported that the Hai Su Trang-1X field, which it first discovered in January 2007, is estimated to be able to produce 15,000 barrels of oil a day once it comes fully on line, and the Hai Su Den-1X field, which it first found in October 2007, is expected to yield over 21,000 barrels per day.
Thang Long JOC was formed in 2005 as a joint initiative between the Canadian company Talisman Ltd. which holds a 60 percent share and the PetroVietnam Exploration and Production Company (PVEP), which holds a 40 percent of share.
BBC Monitoring. Copyright BBC.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: PetroVietnam more info
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)
Company: WorleyParson more info
- ExxonMobil Awards KBR JV Services Contract for PNG LNG Project (Jun 04)
- Thang Long to Develop 2 Fields Offshore Vietnam (Apr 23)
- Intec, WorleyParsons Team Up for Asia-Pacific Projects (Jan 24)
Company: PV Drilling more info
Manages 5 Offshore Rigs
- PVEP Song Hong Secures PV Drilling II for Work in Vietnam's Block 103-107 (Jul 15)
- Keppel FELS on Track to Deliver its 100th Newbuild Jackup to PV Drilling (Mar 02)
- Newbuild UMW Naga 6 to Work Offshore Vietnam in $46M Deal with PV Drilling (Sep 10)