Bahrain's Bapco to Hold Bidding for Gas E&P in May
DUBAI (Dow Jones Newswires), Apr. 21, 2009
Bahrain Petroleum Co., or Bapco, will be initiating its deep gas exploration and production bidding round for international and national oil companies in May for reserves in the Bahrain Field, a company official said Monday.
"The objective is to bring IOCs and NOCs to provide their offers for exploration and production on the pre-confirmation," Adel Almoayyed, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Exploration and Production, told delegates in a conference in Dubai.
Twenty companies have so far showed interest in the bidding for gas deep below existing producing reservoirs.
He added a new company called the Joint Oil Company, or JOC, will be formed between Occidental Petroleum Corp. (OXY, Abu Dhabi's Mubadala Development Co.and National Oil and Gas Authority, or NOGA, of Bahrain and will be effective from July 1, 2009.
"The Oxy-Mubadala is a production agreement aimed at maximising reserves and production from the Bahrain Oil Field reservoirs, we are looking for a two-fold increase but this will take years," he said.
Oil production in Bahrain is expected to increase from 35,000 barrels to 70,000 barrels per day and gas production to rise from 1.2 million cubic feet per day to 1.8 million cubic feet in the next five years, he added.
Copyright (c) 2009 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
- Occidental 3Q Profit Beats Forecasts On Rising Oil Prices (Nov 01)
- HOW COOL IS THAT! Young West Texas Plant Manager (Oct 24)
Company: Mubadala Development more info
- Mubadala To Hold Abu Dhabi's 2% Stake In BP (Dec 19)
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Abu Dhabi Plans Merger Of Sovereign Funds Mubadala And IPIC (Jun 29)
Company: National Oil and Gas Authority (Bahrain) more info
- Bahrain to Award Deep Gas Deal in First Half 2010 (Jan 25)
- OXY Forms Joint Co. to Further Develop Bahrain Field (Nov 10)
- Oxy, CNR Bid for Onshore Bahrain Gas E&P Contract (Jul 08)