Investigation into Fire at Vincent Under Way, Production Shut-In
An investigation team has landed on the Maersk Ngujima-Yin to begin assessing the damage from Monday's fire on board the floating production storage and offtake facility.
The fire occurred in one of the vessel's two gas compression units on Apr. 13.
Emergency procedures were immediately activated. The fire was extinguished and all personnel are accounted for and unharmed. Maersk, which owns and operates the facility on behalf of the Vincent oil project joint venturers, advises the structural integrity of the vessel has not been compromised.
Woodside is investigating the fire with the assistance of the National Offshore Petroleum Safety Authority and Maersk.
Oil production from the Vincent field remains shut in while an assessment is made on the impact of the fire.
Woodside is operator and has a 60% interest in the Vincent oil project. Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Ltd holds the remaining 40% interest.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Woodside more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)
Company: National Offshore Petroleum Safety Authority (NOPSA) more info
- Norway Rig Evacuation Safely Completed (Nov 08)
- NOPSA Calls for Improved Well Safety after Montara Incident (Jan 18)
- APPEA Strongly Supports Legislation for Montara Well Leak Inquiry (Sep 09)