Petrobras Taps SCAN's 2D Seismic Vessel for Caribbean Survey
SCAN has received confirmation and a Letter of Intent (LOI) from Petrobras Middle East B.V. (PEMID) for its dedicated 2D vessel M/V GEO SEARCHER to acquire approximately 2,500 km of 2D data for Petrobras in the Caribbean region, with mobilization set for early May 2009.
The GEO SEARCHER will acquire 120 fold hi-density 2D data. This modern 2D seismic vessel is equipped to handle ultra long streamers for high-end 2D applications including longoffset and large source configurations for 2D surveys worldwide.
A SCAN spokesperson said the company is especially pleased to make this announcement because it marks the second contract opportunity to provide services to an important and major client such as Petrobras. SCAN also expressed confidence that the vessel and crew will carry out this survey in the same professional manner as it did in the previous project for Petrobras in the southern North Sea last year, with completion as scheduled.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
Company: SCAN Geophysical ASA more info
- SCAN Kicks Off 3D Seismic Operations in South America (Jun 18)
- Gold Oil Concludes 2D Seismic on Peruvian Offshore Block Z34 (May 22)
- Gold Oil Taps SCAN for Seismic Acquisition Offshore Peru (Apr 20)