Dragon Oil Taps Iran Khazar Jackup for Another 2 Years
Dragon Oil has reached an agreement to extend the contract for the Iran Khazar jackup rig for a further two years commencing May 2009. The Iran Khazar rig is currently drilling the first of four wells to be completed by the year-end.
Dr. Abdul Jaleel Al Khalifa, Chief Executive Officer , commented, " I am pleased to announce that Dragon Oil has successfully negotiated an extension of the contract for the Iran Khazar jackup rig. Despite a limited availability of rigs in the Caspian Sea, we managed to secure the rig we have been using for a number of years and will continue to use for another two years to ensure that our drilling programme remains on track."
- UAE's Dragon Oil in Talks with Turkmenistan on $10B TAPI Pipeline (Nov 27)
- Dragon Oil to Maintain Production Rate of 100,000 Bopd for 5 Years (Aug 07)
- Elliott Advisors Says ENOC's Offer Undervalues Dragon Oil (Jul 17)
Company: National Iranian Drilling Co. (NIDC) more info
- Blast Kills One At Iran Oil Rig, Fire Hits Refinery (Oct 28)
- Iran Kicks Off Drilling in Caspian Sea (Feb 15)
- Dragon Oil Successfully Tests 2 Turkmeni Wells (Oct 14)