Oilsands Quest Names Blakely to Board of Directors
Oilsands Quest has announced the appointment of Ronald Blakely, formerly a senior executive with Royal Dutch Shell PLC, to its Board of Directors, effective immediately.
Mr. Blakely is an experienced executive, who has 38 years with Shell companies including 15 years in an executive capacity. His experience in the global energy business, as well as global capital markets will provide significant and valuable contributions to the Board. Some of his career highlights with Shell include:
- Recently retired as Executive Vice President Finance, Global Downstream, Royal Dutch Shell PLC (London),
- Served as Chief Financial Officer of Shell Canada Limited (Calgary),
- Served as Vice President Human Resources & Public Affairs, Shell Canada Limited (Calgary)
- Served on the Board of Motiva, a US refining and marketing joint venture with Saudi Aramco and several other joint venture boards,
- Other capacities including Finance function appointments in the US, Canada & UK.
"We are extremely pleased that Mr. Blakely will be joining the Board. Mr. Blakely's experience and expertise will enhance the capacity of the Board. He has an intimate knowledge of both the Canadian and international oil and gas business, and in particular he has a thorough understanding of the US refining market and its capacity for and fit with Canadian bitumen supplies," said T. Murray Wilson, Executive Chairman of Oilsands Quest.
"We are indeed fortunate to have Mr. Blakely join our Board at this important point in Oilsands Quest's development," said Christopher Hopkins CEO of Oilsands Quest. "His global financial experience and his depth of understanding of our business will contribute to and enhance our Board's effectiveness."
- Oilsands Quest Granted Approval for Eagles Nest Sale (Feb 23)
- Oilsands Quest to Sell Eagles Nest Asset (Feb 03)
- Buyer Requests Extension for Oilsands Quest's Wallace Creek Assets (Nov 22)