ExxonMobil Pounces on Hydrocarbons at North Sea Wildcat
ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Norway AS has concluded the drilling of wildcat well 15/6-10. Det norske oljeselskap ASA (Det norske) carried out the drilling operations on behalf of ExxonMobil. The well, which proved gas/condensate, is located 30 kilometres north of the Sleipner Field in the North Sea.
The purpose of the well was to prove petroleum in Middle Jurassic reservoir rocks. The well proved a gas/condensate column of about 30 meters in Middle Jurassic sandstone with poorer reservoir development than expected.
The well was not formation-tested, but data collection and sampling were carried out. Further evaluations are being made by the licensees in the production license to determine the size of the discovery.
The well was drilled to a vertical depth of 3672 m below the sea surface and was concluded in the Skagerrak formation in the Upper Triassic. The well will now be permanently plugged and abandoned.
This is the first wildcat well in production license 029 B, which was carved out of production license 029 in 2001.
Well 15/6-10 was drilled by the Bredford Dolphin semisub at a depth of 111 meters. The drilling facility will be moved to production license 027 D in the North Sea where it will drill wildcat well 25/8-16 S. ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Norway AS is the operator.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)