Lloyd's Register EMEA Wins Verification Contract for Algerian Project
Lloyd's Register EMEA has secured an important six-month contract with Sonatrach, BP and StatoilHydro for the provision of verification services for their In Amenas project in Algeria which will help reduce the chance of major accidents.
In addition to providing a full verification scheme, which will incorporate a management introduction, revised performance standards and written schemes of self verification, the scope of work for the contract also includes a major contribution to the In Amenas asset maintenance program. This will consist of the development of revised Maximo® system load sheets for the verification activities in the revised written schemes of self verification. These sheets define the maintenance procedures necessary to help ensure the safety critical systems of the asset will continue to meet their specified performance standards.
In Amenas is one of two major projects for the three partners in Algeria and is the largest wet gas project in the country. It involves the development and production of natural gas and gas liquids from four wet gas fields in the Illizi basin of south eastern Algeria. The project came on stream in 2007 and is expected to produce around 9 billion cubic meters of gas and 50,000 barrels of liquids a year.
Peter Outhwaite, Principal Fire and Safety Engineer at Lloyd's Register EMEA said, "The aim of implementing an effective verification scheme is to help protect against injury or loss of life by minimising the possibility of major accidents. It can also be beneficial for our clients by focusing inspection and maintenance efforts where risks are highest. Therefore any necessary maintenance can be carried out during planned shutdowns, effectively minimizing the risk and cost of having to stop operations to carry out essential (and unplanned) maintenance."
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Increasing the World's Oil Reserves with Digitization (Oct 09)
Company: Sonatrach more info
- Algeria's Sonatrach Chief Urges Oil Industry Reforms (Sep 18)
- Algeria's Sonatrach To Boost Output From Rhourde El Baguel Field (Sep 18)
- Total Signs New Deal With Algeria's Sonatrach And Settles Earlier Disputes (Apr 10)
Company: Lloyd's Register EMEA more info
- Lloyd's Register EMEA Wins Verification Contract for Algerian Project (Mar 30)
- Lloyd's Register Makes Two Significant Oil & Gas Appointments (Feb 21)
- Lloyd’s Register Americas Acquires Martec (Feb 20)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)