BJ Services Snags Well Services Contract Onshore Rajasthan, India
BJ Services was awarded a contract to provide well services in India by Eni India Ltd. The contract provides for casing running and hammer conductor driving services, as well as the supply of cold-cutting equipment. The company will carry out these services from the John Energy 16 drilling rig in Exploration Block RJ-ONN-2003/1, which is operated by Eni India (34%) with partners ONGC (36%) and Cairn (30%).
Exploration Block RJ-ONN-2003/1 is located onshore Rajasthan approximately 311 mile (500 km) from Jaipur in the northwest of India, and extends for approximately 515 mile2 (1335 sq km2).
BJ Services received the contract from Eni India Ltd. in January 2009, and plans to complete the operation this spring. The contract requires BJ to service one well, with the option of one additional well. The company anticipates that it will drive one conductor to a depth of approximately 197 ft (60 m) using a D46 diesel-driven hammer from its extensive fleet. Operations will be delivered by personnel from BJ's base in Mumbai, with assistance from operations facilities in Singapore and Dubai.
This recent contract award is in keeping with BJ Services' expansion program currently being carried out in India. Although BJ has provided casing and tubing running services to Eni in Saudi Arabia, this will be the first time that it has supplied these particular services to Eni in India.
"For BJ Services, this contract represents an excellent opportunity to extend our relationship with Eni and solidify our presence in India," said Kenny Watt, BJ Services, vice president of Tubular and Completion Assembly Services. "By providing efficient and professional services, we look forward to providing Eni India Ltd with outstanding results," he added.
Operates 36 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
- Biggest Indian Explorer Is Said to Plan First Ever Borrowings (Aug 10)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
Company: BJ Services Company more info
- Baker Hughes Closes BJ Services Acquisition (Apr 29)
- Baker Hughes, BJ Services Reach Final Agreement with DOJ (Apr 27)
- BJ Services Gets to Work on Casablanca Platform (Apr 09)
Company: Cairn India more info
- Sri Lanka Launches Tender To Develop Natural Gas Site In Mannar Basin (Feb 13)
- Mangala Field Hits 300 Million Barrels of Cumulative Production (Oct 20)
- Vedanta Wins Cairn Nod For BHP-Style Resources Conglomerate (Sep 13)