Bankers Petroleum Cites Albanian Reserves Increase in 2008
Bankers has filed its 2008 Reserves disclosure information with the applicable securities regulatory authorities. The NI 51-101 disclosure documents consist of the F1 - Statement of Reserves Data and Other Oil and Gas Information, the F2 - Report of Independent Qualified Reserves Evaluator and the F3 - Report of Management and Directors on Oil and Gas Disclosure.
The evaluations of the Albanian properties were conducted by RPS Energy Canada Ltd. (Patos Marinza oil field) and by DeGolyer and MacNaughton Canada Limited (Kucova oil field). At December 31, 2008, the reserves have increased in all three categories (proved, probable and possible), along with the corresponding valuations, as shown below. On a Proved plus Probable basis, the 2008 finding and development costs for the Albanian properties represented $5.55 per barrel, inclusive of the 2008 expenditures and change in future capital.
Subsequent to the Company's February 13, 2009 News Release announcing the preliminary reserve amounts, the final assessment for the Patos Marinza oil field increased slightly, primarily in the "Proved" and the "Proved plus Probable plus Possible" categories. The combined "Proved plus Probable" category has remained consistent at 180 million barrels having an after-tax 10%-discounted valuation of $1 billion.
In the Patos Marinza oil field, the original-oil-in-place resource estimate increased 140% to 4.7 billion barrels. The reserves growth is primarily attributable to increased resource levels, improved well performance and the Company's 2008 vertical and horizontal development drilling successes. All of Patos Marinza's 2008 reserves estimates are from primary recovery methods.
The Kucova oil field, acquired in 2008, has an original-oil-in-place resource estimate of 300 million barrels. This property is currently in the evaluation stage that will lead to creation of a development plan.
- Brazil's OGX Says Field May Have Third of Expected Oil (Oct 03)
- Brazil-West African Connection Sparks Subsalt Oil Search (Apr 09)
- Rosneft's Total Proved Reserves Up 2.5% (Feb 08)
Company: Bankers Petroleum more info
- China's Geo-Jade Petroleum Acquires Canada's Bankers Petroleum for $440M (Mar 21)
- Bankers Petroleum Increased Production 21% in 2013 (Jan 07)
- Bankers Petroleum Welcomes CEO (Mar 21)
Company: RPS Energy more info
- Meridian Petroleum Divests Working Interest in Orion 36 Well (Jun 29)
- Aurelian Reports on Polish Seismic, Romanian Appraisal Results (Apr 07)
- Bankers Petroleum Cites Albanian Reserves Increase in 2008 (Mar 27)