LeTourneau Inks $185MM Construction Contracts with Brazilian Consortium
Rowan Companies announced that its manufacturing subsidiary, LeTourneau Technologies, Inc. ("LTI") has signed contracts valued at approximately US $185 million with a Brazilian construction consortium to provide the rig kit, rig design and drilling equipment for two LeTourneau Super 116E jackup rigs.
Dan Eckermann, LTI's President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, "In this difficult market environment we are pleased to have been selected by the Brazilian consortium to provide the primary components for these new jackup rigs. We plan to deliver to the consortium state-of-the-art rig kits, rig design and drilling equipment. This success also confirms the strength of our product slate and our ability to provide quality drilling products for offshore and land drilling applications."
The two Super 116E jackup rigs are to be built at Petrobras' Maragojipe, Bahia, Brazil facility by the Consorcio Rio Paraguacu. The rig kits will be substantially delivered in 2009 while most of the drilling equipment will be provided in 2010.
The Super 116E Class is one of five current LTI jackup rig designs, and is an evolution of LTI's industry workhorse 116-C Class design. The Super 116E provides for up to 2,000 kip greater payload than its predecessor. The rig is designed to drill in up to 350 feet of water in moderate environmental locations and can be outfitted to handle high temperature/high pressure wells.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Rowan Companies more info
Manages 22 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)
Company: LeTourneau Inc. more info
- PetroVietnam Taps LeTourneau for Newbuild Jackup Rig Kit, Services (Jun 01)
- LeTourneau Inks $185MM Construction Contracts with Brazilian Consortium (Mar 26)
- LeTourneau Lands $90MM Land Rig Contract (Jul 16)