StatoilHydro Gets Greenlight to Drill 2 North Sea Wellbores
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted StatoilHydro ASA a drilling permit for wellbores 34/8-13 A and 34/8-13 S, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
The drilling program for wellbores 34/8-13 A and 34/8-13 S concerns the drilling of appraisal wells in production license 120. The wells will be drilled from the Scarabeo 5 semisubmersible drilling rig at position 61 degrees 24'14.8" North and 02 degrees 34'50.0" East.
The area in this permit consists of block 34/8 in the North Sea. The Visund field is located in this block. StatoilHydro ASA is the operator, with an interest of 59.06%. The other licensees are Petoro AS (16.94%), ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS (13%) and Total E&P Norge AS (11%).
The drilling permit has been granted on the condition that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)