Total, PetroVietnam Ink Production Sharing Contract for 2 Onshore Blocks
Total Exploration and Production Vietnam has signed a Production Sharing Contract with Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) for the exploration blocks DBSCL-02 and DBSCL-03. The blocks, which are located in the Mekong Delta area onshore, will be operated by Total with a 75% interest, PetroVietnam Exploration Production ("PVEP") holding a 25% interest.
Having created a partnership in 2007 with PVEP and the Korean company SK on offshore block 15-1/05, Total continues to develop its presence in Vietnam.
Total's experience in managing the environmental impact of its activities will be crucial in the Mekong Delta. The exploration activities will be carried out without disruption of the community's activities and following the environmental and social framework that is being set by the Authorities.
About the exploration works
Block DBSCL-02 covers an area of nearly 14,850 square kilometers and block DBSCL-03 covers an area of almost 13,800 square kilometers. Under the terms of the agreement, the first exploration phase will cover the acquisition of 2D seismic on each block.
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: PetroVietnam more info
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)
Company: Vietnam Oil and Gas Corp. (PetroVietnam) more info
- Vietnam To Shut Nam Con Son Gas Pipeline For Maintenance (Sep 06)
- PetroVietnam Gas, Tokyo Gas May Establish LNG JV in Vietnam (Jul 11)
- Total, PetroVietnam Ink Production Sharing Contract for 2 Onshore Blocks (Mar 20)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)