StatoilHydro Gets Go-Ahead to Drill Well 30/11-7 A in North Sea
StatoilHydro has received consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 30/11-7 A using the semisubmersible drilling rig Transocean Leader.
The well is located in the northern part of the North Sea, about 11 nautical miles north-east of Frigg. The distance to the coast is 160 kilometers. The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 60 degrees 00' 21.3", E 02 degrees 22' 25.5". Water depth at the site is 111 meters.
Start-up of drilling is planned for March 2009. The activities have an estimated duration of 50 days.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)