Aker Solutions Inks Subsea Frame Agreement with Maersk Oil
Aker Solutions has signed a frame agreement with Maersk Oil North Sea UK Limited (Maersk Oil) for the supply of subsea control systems for existing and future field developments.
The agreement is a 12-month rolling contract with option to renew it annually. For Aker Solutions the contract could be worth approximately GBP 4-5 million per year.
The deal brings subsea controls delivery and service, including lifecycle services, into one contract to support Maersk Oil's projects in the North Sea. It builds on a previous frame agreement that has been in place since 2003.
"This agreement ensures that Maersk Oil will continue to receive a sustained, across-the-board service to meet both its current and future operational and technical requirements in the North Sea," said Rémi Birkeland, managing director of Aker Solutions' UK subsea business. "We are very pleased to continue working with Maersk Oil."
Equipment under the frame agreement will be engineered, manufactured and delivered out of Aker Solutions' facility in Aberdeen, UK, or hi-tech manufacturing centre in Port Klang, Malaysia.
"The North Sea remains a strong, stable market for both new field developments and extensions to existing subsea infrastructure. This is our home market and we are well positioned -- both technologically and geographically -- to support our customers in this part of the world as well as elsewhere," added Birkeland.
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)