Aker Aces Contract for Delivery of Deepwater Drilling Riser System
Aker Solutions has been awarded another contract for the delivery of a deepwater drilling riser system to Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME). Contract value is approximately US $36.5 million.
This is the fifth deepwater drilling riser system contract DSME has awarded Aker Solutions since last year, taking the total drilling riser orders from the Korean yard up to NOK 1 billion.
This latest contract is for the delivery of a complete deepwater marine drilling riser system with buoyancy package and associated equipment. The new drilling riser is based on an identical design for the ongoing projects at DSME.
"Safe and reliable operations are a key focus within the oil and gas industry, and that is exactly what our CLIP connector offers. This technology results in cost savings through both reduced manpower and rig operations, which is a winning formula for both Aker Solutions and our customers. We are very pleased to have the opportunity to work with DSME again," said Eva Kristensen, President of Aker Solutions' drilling risers.
The marine drilling riser system will be manufactured and delivered out of Aker Solutions' manufacturing center in Malaysia.
Delivery of the drilling riser system is scheduled for 2011. Contract party is Aker Solutions Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- Woodside Discovers Gas at Thalin-1A Well Offshore Myanmar (Feb 12)
- Deep-Sea Plan Fails, Leaving Korean Shipyards Struggling (Jul 27)
- Daewoo Names New Chief After Ex-CEO Quits Over Myanmar Gas Sale Spat (Jun 17)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)