Talisman Secures Maersk Guardian Jackup for Yme Field
Talisman Energy Norge AS (TENAS) has received consent to use the Maersk Guardian jackup on the Yme field. In August 2008 TENAS applied for consent to use the Maersk Giant for production drilling on Yme. The consent was granted in October 2008.
TENAS is planning on the following change in relation to the above-mentioned application: Use of the Maersk Guardian for drilling of two top sections in three wells in the Beta area in March / April 2009.
The remaining sections will be drilled by the Maersk Giant, which will also complete the wells.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 22 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)