MIS to Revamp Saudi Aramco's SAR 201 Jackup
UAE-based Maritime Industrial Services Co. Ltd. Inc. (MIS) has signed a contract with Saudi Aramco for refurbishment work on its SAR 201 jackup rig. The work is set to start in the first week of April with the arrival of the rig at MIS' Sharjah yard and is scheduled for completion by
early August 2009.
The scope of the project covers major refurbishment work to be done to the accommodation units in addition to blasting and painting work to the legs, tank repairs and coatings and some major piping works. The project will also cover the inspection of the rig's spud cans, among other work, all within the framework of a 5-year special periodical survey for a Mobile Offshore Drilling Unit (MODU).
Saudi Aramco has been a client of the MIS Group for over 20 years with several projects completed by MIS Sharjah and MIS Arabia in Saudi Arabia where MIS is partnered with two local Saudi companies. This project marks the first time that Aramco has commissioned a rig refurbishment project at MIS' Sharjah, UAE yard. Kevin Hudson, MIS' Group CEO commented, "We're extremely pleased with this landmark contract which shows the trust that Saudi Aramco has in MIS and further highlights our commitment to supporting all our value streams in 2009."
Operates 44 Offshore Rigs
- Saudis Said to Weigh Delaying International Part of Aramco IPO (Oct 13)
- How Deep Will Saudi Cut Its Oil Output? To the Lowest Since 2015 (Oct 10)
- Saudi Aramco Plans 'Mega Investment' in World's Top Oil Guzzler (Oct 09)
Company: Maritime Industrial Services Co. Ltd. Inc. (MIS) more info
- MIS Wins Refurbishment Contract for Al Bzoom Jackup (Mar 02)
- MIS Receives Delivery Milestone Payment for SeaWolf Onome (Jul 21)
- Petrofac Awards Manufacturing Gig for El Merk Project to MIS (Jun 01)