Deep Sea Supply Nixes Newbuilding Contract with Jaya
Deep Sea Supply has cancelled the contract with Jaya Shipbuilding and Engineering Pte. Ltd. ("Jaya") pursuant to which Deep Sea Supply was to take delivery of Hull No 875 tbn "Sea Hawk 1". The cancellation is based on substantial delays beyond the revised, contractual delivery
date. Deep Sea Supply has made pre-delivery installment payments to Jaya in the amount of US $3,6 million, which are to be refunded in full.
Deep Sea Supply has not entered into any employment contract in contemplation of contractual delivery, and, therefore, suffers no exposure to any non-performance claim.
The latest information available suggests that Hull No. 878 (tbn "Sea Eagle 1") will be delivered by Jaya in April 2009 as scheduled.
- Norwegian Firms to Create Offshore Oil Industry Supply Vessels Giant (Feb 06)
- Deep Sea Supply Scores Charter Contracts for AHTS Vessels (Apr 26)
- Deep Sea Supply Takes Delivery of Newbuilding (Jan 13)
Company: Jaya Shipyard more info
- Jaya Delivers Sea Eagle 1 AHTS Vessel to Deep Sea Supply (Apr 20)
- Deep Sea Supply Nixes Newbuilding Contract with Jaya (Mar 03)
- Jaya Shipbuilding Resets Delivery Date for Sea Hawk 1 AHTS (Feb 06)