Gazprom Discusses Spanish Involvement in Russian Projects
According to a report from Reuters, Russian Gazprom is involved in talks with Spanish Repsol, as well as other companies, about the Russian Yamal field development.
In a Tuesday statement from Gazprom's chair Alexei Miller, the executive also said that the company is considering the possibility of Repsol participating in LNG-related projects.
"We will consider the possibility of Spanish companies taking part in Russian projects, including Yamal," Miller said. "Gazprom is in talks about such participation with companies including Repsol. We will continue talks about its (Repsol's) participation in LNG-related projects."
Additionally, he said that Gazprom is planning to sign a gas swap agreement with Spain's Gas Natural, bringing Russian gas to Spain.
"Thanks to the swap operations, these supplies will start in the near future, initially in small volumes," Miller added. "We will develop the project involving the Shtokman field, which will be launched in 2014."
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
- Russia's Gazprom Signs LNG Supply Deal With Ghana (Sep 18)
- Gazprom Says Sanctions Won't Stop Nord Stream 2 Pipeline Project (Aug 30)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)