Vantage Scores Multi-Year Contracts for 2 Ultra-Deepwater Drillships
Vantage Drilling Company announced that its ultra-deepwater drillship Platinum Explorer has received a 5 year contract award from Oil and Natural Gas Company (ONGC) and the ultra-deepwater drillship Titanium Explorer has received an 8 year contract from a subsidiary of Petroleo Brasileiro S.A (Petrobras). Both rigs are currently being constructed in Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering in Okpo, Korea.
The Platinum Explorer, following completion of shipyard construction, is planned to mobilize to India in the fourth quarter 2010. Expected revenues over the five-year contract term, excluding revenues for mobilization of the rig, are approximately $1.1 billion. The Platinum Explorer is owned forty-five percent (45%) by Vantage and fifty-five (55%) by an affiliate of TMT, Inc. (TMT). Vantage will operate the rig pursuant to a management agreement which provides for fees to Vantage, in addition to its proportionate share of cash flow.
The Titanium Explorer, upon completion of construction, is expected to mobilize in the third quarter 2011 to the US Gulf of Mexico. Furthermore, Petrobras has the right to re-locate and utilize the Titanium Explorer on a worldwide basis. Expected revenues over the eight-year contract term, excluding revenues for mobilization of the rig and costs escalations, are approximately $1.6 billion. Vantage will operate the rig pursuant to a management agreement with an affiliate of TMT, which provides for fixed and performance-based fees.
Paul Bragg, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Vantage, commented, "The deepwater contracts with ONGC and Petrobras are of major significance to Vantage. The addition of nearly $3 billion of contract backlog provides our Company with a stable base of business for many years to come. We are delighted to operate for two of the world's most active and fast-growing oil companies. These contract awards are a tribute to the extensive experience and expertise of our operating team, and highlight the capabilities of our new, modern fleet."
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
Company: ONGC more info
Operates 38 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
Company: Daewoo more info
- Woodside Discovers Gas at Thalin-1A Well Offshore Myanmar (Feb 12)
- Deep-Sea Plan Fails, Leaving Korean Shipyards Struggling (Jul 27)
- Daewoo Names New Chief After Ex-CEO Quits Over Myanmar Gas Sale Spat (Jun 17)
Company: Vantage Energy Services more info
- C&J Energy Files for Bankruptcy to Cut $1.4B in Debt (Jul 20)
- Vantage Energy Files for IPO of About $400M (Jul 07)
- Vantage Begins Completion Ops in Wy. (Jun 29)