Wintershall to Dill in North Sea with Deepsea Delta Semisub
Wintershall Norge AS (Winthershall) has received consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 35/12-2 using the Deepsea Delta semisubmersible drilling rig.
Wintershall (formerly Revus Energy ASA) will drill exploration well 35/12-2, which is part of production license 378. The well is located in the northern North Sea, about 45 km north of Troll B.
The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 61 degrees 09' 60", E 03 degrees 40' 13".
The Deepsea Delta is operated by Odfjell Drilling, and received the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway's Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in February 2004.
According to Wintershall, the drilling will start in May 2009. The activity has an estimated duration of 45 - 65 days.
Manages 20 Offshore Rigs
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
- Norway Awards 56 Oil And Gas Licences In Mature Areas (Jan 17)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)