OTC to Honor ConocoPhillips' Chief Naval Architect, Sakhalin II Project
The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) will present the 2009 Distinguished Achievement Awards to Peter G. Noble for his marine design innovations and to Sakhalin Energy Investment Company for the Sakhalin II Phase 2 Project at the annual OTC Awards Luncheon on 5 May at Reliant Center in Houston, Texas, USA. The world's largest conference for offshore development will be held May 4-7, 2009, marking the event's 40th anniversary.
Noble, who is ConocoPhillips' chief naval architect, will receive the OTC Distinguished Achievement Award for Individuals for his contributions to innovative marine vehicle and floating offshore systems design and engineering, including LNG vessel design, arctic engineering and icebreaker technology, and for his dedication to encouraging and mentoring students and younger professionals.
OTC's Distinguished Achievement Award for Companies, Organizations and Institutions recognizes Sakhalin Energy Investment Company for the Sakhalin II Phase 2 Project, which implemented complex integrated project facilities in a technically challenging and environmentally sensitive arctic environment, demonstrating significant achievements in technical excellence, project execution effectiveness and HSES performance.
OTC also will present a Heritage Award that recognizes an individual for distinguished service and significant contributions to the development of offshore resources. The Heritage Award recipient is Wolfgang E. Schollnberger, retired vice president of technology for BP, for his outstanding service to the industry through his advocacy of new technology and his leadership of professional societies, including serving as chairman of the OTC Board of Directors.
The keynote address at the luncheon will be presented by Thierry Pilenko, chairman and chief executive officer of Technip. The OTC Awards Luncheon is a ticketed event at US $60 per ticket.
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Increasing the World's Oil Reserves with Digitization (Oct 09)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Sakhalin Energy Investment Co. more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Sakhalin Energy Appoints BMT to Provide Weather Forecasting Services (Mar 16)
- Sakhalin Energy Delivers 100th Cargo of Russian LNG (Jan 29)
- Sakhalin Energy Welcomes New Chief Executive Officer (Dec 07)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)