Shtokman Devt Taps Consortium for Phase 1 FPU Design
Shtokman Development AG has awarded a consortium comprising Aker Solutions, Technip France and SBM Offshore a contract for the Concept Definition and Front End Engineering Design (FEED) for the Floating Production Unit (FPU) for the Integrated Development of the Shtokman Gas & Condensate Field Phase I project. The contract value is euro 25 million (around $32 million).
The scope of work includes design, FPU concept definition, FEED design for the hull, turret & mooring system and topsides. The work will be performed by an integrated team involving the three partners of the Consortium, with Aker Solutions as leader. The consortium is committed to take any opportunity to increase the Russian content and transfer its technology as per the guide line given by SDAG.
The consortium will also tender for the full an Engineering, Procurement Supply Construction and Commissioning (EPSCC) contract in 2010.
The work will start immediately and be carried out over the next 12 months.
"We are very pleased to be part of the initial phases of the development of the world's largest offshore gas field. Equally important for us is the establishment of the partnership with Technip and SBM. We build on each others' expertise and capabilities and are able to take on more assignments than what we could do alone," said Simen Lieungh, President & CEO in Aker Solutions.
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: SBM Offshore N.V. more info
- SBM Offshore, Repsol to Get $247 Million in Yme Insurance Settlement (Jul 17)
- Weak Oil Pushes SBM Offshore To Axe More Jobs (Aug 10)
- FPSO Cidade de Saquarema Commences Ops at Brazil's Offshore Lula Field (Jul 13)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)