According to a report from Dow Jones Newswires, Total's Chief Executive Officer has denied that the French oil giant and Iran are signing a deal before the end of March for the next phase of development at the massive South Pars gas field.
The report noted that Iranian media had announced the news last Wednesday. Seifollah Jashnsaz, general manager of National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC), reportedly told local media that Iran would sign the $5 billion contract with Total before the end of the current Iranian year, which ends on March 20, 2009.
"If it was true I would know about it," Total's CEO, Christophe de Margerie, told media in New York. "I don't know why they made this announcement. We continue to negotiate with them."
According to a report issued last week from Xinhau News Agency, Yves-Louis Darricarrere, head of the Total's exploration and production, confirmed that "Total is still in negotiations with Iran on a major gas deal, but talks are moving very slowly."
Most Popular Articles
From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you