Aker Solutions Provides Wellsite Geo Services to Lundin
Aker Solutions' geo business has signed a contract to provide operations and wellsite geology services to Swedish independent oil company Lundin Petroleum. The agreement is valid for three years. Contract value is undisclosed.
"We are experiencing a high level of interests for our operations and wellsite geology services. I am pleased to see that our competence is being noticed by Lundin, who has become a significant player on the Norwegian continental shelf," said Erik Sverre Jenssen, president of Aker Solutions' sub-surface consultancy Aker Geo AS.
"We are engaged in a number of similar long-term contracts and are currently employing 25 operations and wellsite geologists. This latest contract with Lundin reinforces our position as Norway's largest service provider of wellsite geology services," added Jenssen.
Aker Solutions' sub-surface consultancy Aker Geo AS delivers services through the whole subsurface value chain, from exploration to production. The unit comprises a team of 60 geologists, geophysicists and reservoir engineers. Its main fields of activity are geological and geophysical interpretation, petrophysics, reservoir modelling and simulation, wellsite geology as well as production technology and operations.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)