ConocoPhillips Gets Go Ahead to Drill New North Sea Well in March
ConocoPhillips has received consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 8/10-3 using the jackup drilling rig Maerrsk Gallant. The well is part of production license 331 and is located about 55 km north-northeast of the Ekofisk Complex.
Well 8/10-3 has the following geographical coordinates: N 57 degrees 02' 23.481", E 03 degrees 17' 01.820".
The Maersk Gallant jackup is operated by Maersk Contractors Norge A/S.
The plan is to commence drilling around mid-March 2009, after the facility has concluded a stay at the shipyard in Esbjerg. The activity has an estimated duration of about 176 days.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)