COSL Confidence Jackup Sails to PPL Shipyard, to Drill in Bohai Bay
COSL announced that its jackup drilling rig "COSL Confidence" has been delivered for operation at PPL Shipyard in Singapore on February 11, 2009.
COSL Confidence is able to operate in waters of up to 375 feet in depth and perform drilling operations into depths of 30,000 feet. Thanks to the seamless collaboration between COSL and PPL Shipyard in ensuring high quality construction, COSL Confidence is able to be delivered for operation three months ahead of the original planned schedule in May 2009.
After the delivery, COSL Confidence will be dragged to Bohai Bay for operation. Upon the commencement of operation of this new vessel, COSL will see its offshore drilling platform fleet in operation expanded to 23 vessels, achieving significant enhancement to its offshore drilling capability.
- China's COSL Completes 3D Seismic Ops in North Barents Sea (Aug 10)
- COSL Completes its First Exploration Assignment in the Far East (Aug 08)
- COSL Appoints Qi Meisheng as CEO and President, Replaces Li Yong (Jun 16)
Company: PPL Shipyard more info
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires Remaining 15% Stake in PPL Shipyard for $115M (Aug 24)
- Perisai Petroleum Defers Delivery of Perisai Pacific 102 to End October (Jun 13)
- PPL Shipyard Serves Termination Notice on MPD Over Jackup Construction Spat (Dec 02)