Hallin Marine's Subsea Operations Vessel Bags First Order in Philippines
Hallin Marine's new subsea operations vessel (SOV), the Ullswater, has won its first order and will commence the US $20 million contract immediately.
The contract will see the Ullswater operate in the role of accommodation support vessel for offshore oil and gas owner/operator Shell Philippines Exploration B.V. (SPEX) into 2010 as part of the Malampaya shallow water platform maintenance program.
The 78 meter Ullswater is Hallin's new build, flagship vessel and has just successfully completed its sea trials following delivery from its
construction docks in Batam, Indonesia.
The vessel is now being mobilized to support the SPEX's program and will operate in its dynamically positioned class two (DP2) mode and provide support and accommodation to the construction crews carrying out the platform maintenance program.
The contract is a firm charter hire with SPEX, which is a subsidiary of the Royal Dutch Shell Group, with potential to extend on location through 2010.
Jon Attenburrow, Hallin's East Division's MD, said, "Hallin is pleased to receive the 2009 contract award from Shell Philippines Exploration B.V., which is part of one of the world's major operators. We look forward to a successful campaign in support of Shell's offshore operations with Hallin's flagship vessel, the SOV Ullswater."
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Hallin Marine more info
- Hallin Completes Replacement of Mooring Lines for FPSO HYSY111 in China (Aug 26)
- Hallin Supports Subsea 7 in Offshore Installation Work in Bay of Bengal (Apr 17)
- Hallin Marine Completes Subsea Project at Thailand's Bualuang Oil Field (Feb 28)