PSA Grants Consent to 3 Operators for Manned Underwater Ops in 2009
StatoilHydro, ExxonMobil Norway and Gassco have received consent to conduct manned underwater operations (MUO) during the period of February 1-December 31, 2009.
The application for consent was submitted by SH on behalf of the Companies. The application relates to MUO to be carried out under a contract between SH and Technip Norge AS (Technip), which runs from January 1, 2007 to December 31, 2011.
According to an agreement among the Companies ("Joint Venture Agreement for Subsea Services"), ExxonMobil and Gassco can also carry out MUO under the contract between SH and Technip. The plan is to use Technip's new diving vessel DSV Skandi Arctic for the Companies' MUO.
SH will carry out a number of defined operations and project tasks involving saturation diving on Gullfaks, Sleipner, Statfjord C and Heimdal. The water depth varies from 85 meters (Sleipner) to 135 meters (Gullfaks).
On Veslefrikk, Oseberg C and Grane, SH plans surface-supplied diving. The water depth her is approximately 16 meters. ExxonMobil plans to carry out surface-supplied diving on Jotun where the water depth is approximately 18 meters.
Gassco has not identified a need for own planned MUO, but previous experience suggests that a need could arise for as yet undefined operations and project tasks related to the Companies' license areas and pipeline systems.
The Companies have emergency preparedness and mobilization plans related to potential damage to subsea facilities/pipelines. In order to safeguard this preparedness, the Companies must have a pre-approved consent to conduct MUO.
The PSA will conduct a review prior to the operations if a situation should arise with undefined operations or project tasks, or an emergency situation.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Gassco more info
- Gassco: Norway's 2017 Gas Output At Least The Same As 2016 (Jun 07)
- IKM Ocean Design Wins Johan Sverdrup Contract (Sep 14)
- Norway's Offshore Knarr Field to Deliver Gas to Britain (Mar 02)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)