Sakhalin Energy Investment Axes Safe Astoria Contract
Sakhalin Energy Investment Company Ltd has convenience terminated the remaining contract duration for the use of the Safe Astoria
accommodation support rig offshore Sakhalin Island in the Russian Federation. Sakhalin Energy had originally contracted the Safe Astoria for a period of around two years from December 2007.
Following the notice of convenience termination, Sakhalin Energy will have to pay Prosafe 85% of the remaining contract value. The convenience termination amount will be around US $21 million. Together with reduced operating costs, the convenience termination fee ensures that Prosafe will incur very little financial impact from the termination. The convenience termination fee shall be reduced on a pro-rata basis by dayrate earnings from alternative employment of the Safe Astoria solely within the terminated contractual period.
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Prosafe Takes Delivery of the Safe Zephyrus Accommodation Vessel (Jan 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers Accommodation Semisub Safe Zephyrus to Prosafe (Jan 19)
Company: Sakhalin Energy Investment Co. more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Sakhalin Energy Appoints BMT to Provide Weather Forecasting Services (Mar 16)
- Sakhalin Energy Delivers 100th Cargo of Russian LNG (Jan 29)
- Sakhalin Energy Welcomes New Chief Executive Officer (Dec 07)