Anadarko Scores Again in Deepwater GOM with Shenandoah
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation announced its second deepwater Gulf of Mexico discovery this week. The Shenandoah discovery well, located in Walker Ridge Block 52, encountered net oil pay approaching 300 feet in the Wilcox formation.
"This has been a remarkable week, with back-to-back deepwater discoveries in the Gulf of Mexico," said
Shenandoah is located in approximately 5,750 feet of water and was drilled by the Noble Paul Romano semisub to a total depth of about 30,000 feet. Anadarko and the co-owners of the discovery are evaluating the well results and the next steps toward future appraisal activity. Anadarko operates Shenandoah with a 30% working interest. Co-owners of the discovery include ConocoPhillips (40%), Cobalt International Energy L.P. (20%) and Marathon (10%).
Also in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, Anadarko expects to spud the Vito Middle-Miocene prospect in Mississippi Canyon Block 984 and the Samurai Middle- and Lower-Miocene exploration well in Green Canyon Block 432 during the first quarter. Anadarko operates these wells with a 20% working interest and a 33.33% working interest, respectively.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Anadarko Petroleum more info
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)
Company: Marathon Oil Company more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Cobalt International more info
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
- Cobalt Encouraged by North Platte Appraisal Results (Jan 04)