StatoilHydro Gets Go-Ahead to Drill Block 30/3 with West Alpha
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted StatoilHydro ASA a drilling permit for wellbore 30/3-10 S, ref. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
The drilling program for wellbore 30/3-10 S relates to drilling of an appraisal well in production license 052. The well will be drilled from the West Alpha semisubmersible drilling rig at position 60 degrees 47'43.5" North and 02 degrees 41'11.8 East.
The area in this production license consists of block 30/3, between the Huldra, Veslefrikk and Oseberg fields in the North Sea. StatoilHydro ASA is the operator with an 18% ownership interest. The other licensees are Petoro AS with 37%, Talisman with 27%, RWE-DEA with 13.5% and Revus Energy with a 4.5% ownership interest.
The permit has been granted on the condition that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
- Seadrill Warns Again Of Chapter 11 As Extends $14B Debt Talks (Jul 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)