Beach Discovers Oil in South Australian Cooper-Eromanga Basin
Beach Petroleum reports that the Perlubie-1 exploration well, in the South Australian Cooper-Eromanga Basin, has discovered oil, with wireline logs indicating a 5 meter gross oil column at the top of the Namur Sandstone.
Perlubie-1 is located in PEL 92, approximately 2.5 km south of the Parsons oil field and 90 km northwest of Moomba.
The well is currently completing logging operations and will be cased for future completion as an oil well.
Participants in Perlubie-1 and PEL 92 are:
- Beach Petroleum 75% (Operator)
- Cooper Energy 25%
- Beach Commences Production from Middleton Gas Project (Jan 09)
- Beach Says Hello to Mr. Rod Rayner (Nov 11)
- Beach Energy Gains Majority Control of Adelaide Energy (Nov 10)
Company: Cooper Energy NL more info
- Cooper Secures Drilling Rig For Hammamet West-3 Well Offshore Tunisia (Jul 16)
- Cooper Chalks Up Double Oil Strike With Christies-7 Well (Jul 05)
- Drilling Continues at Cooper's Riley Well (May 17)