Eni Puts Woollybutt on Hold for 3 Months, Plans Life Extension Project
Tap Oil noted in its quarterly update for December that production from the whole Woollybutt field is in line with current production targets and averaged over 11,000 bopd gross for the quarter. Increased field production and lower liftings volumes resulted in a significant increase in inventory.
Tap also reported that a life extension project for the Woollybutt FPSO is planned for mid 2009 and will result in the shut in of production for approximately 90 days. The owner of the leased FPSO will take the FPSO into dry dock for upgrades to ensure the vessel can remain at Woollybutt until the end of the projected field life. The owner of the FPSO, Premuda, will meet the majority of the project costs.
The Woollybutt field sits in Block WA-25-L where the partners are operator Eni (65%), ExxonMobil (20%) and Tap (15%).
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)